- Slim (expanded ID:36mm) and thin (wall thickness after recovered: 0.05mm)
- Shrink ratios are either 2:1 or 4:1, covering wide range.
- High flexibility, high tearing strength and high resistance to wear
- Radiation sterilizable (gamma ray, electron beam)
- Low longitudinal shrinkage (for tubes with 2:1 shrink ratio, -15%)
- Superior surface finish and high adhesion to the target material
Longitudinal change is measured by
Penn&Nitto without any mandrel. Use this
value only as a reference.
For the tubes with the shrink ratio 4:1, the
longitudinal change is large. It was -60% in
our laboratory test. If there is any specified
filling material, we will measure the
longitudinal change and the optimal
shrinkage engineering using the material.
Please contact us.
Other tests including shrinkage properties
and wall thicknesses before and after
recovery can be provided selectively. Please
contact us for the details. Please note that
these tests results are not guaranteed by
Cobalt Polymers so use them as references.
About Cobalt Polymers
Cobalt Polymers was established by incumbent president
Robert Foley. He wanted to develop soft medical tubes which
were aimed to alleviate patients' pains.
Their first consumer product was thin and slim polyolefin
tubing and it contributed to establish their reputation as a
manufacturer of thin and slim heat shrink tubing.
The polyolefin tubes are still their major product.
In 1995, they succeeded in developing world's first Pebax® heat shrink tube, Palladium™. Pebax ® is a nylon type
material which was popular as a medical tube. With Palladium™, Cobalt Polymers established a
certain position among other manufacturers.
They are still leading the market in 2013 as a pioneer in the medical industry and have been
contributing to medical industry.
Cobalt Polymers is headquartered in the beautiful Alexander Valley in northern Sonoma County.
Renowned for its vineyards and redwood groves, the region is also home to some of the world's
leading medical device companies and manufacturing expertise. The Cobalt Polymers team
includes experts in polymer chemistry, quality assurance, equipment design and production with
decades of experience. They are eager to develop medical tubes that match the needs of the users
* Pebax ® is a registered trademark of ARKEMA companies.
* Palladium ™ is a registered trademark of Cobalt Polymers Corporation.